World Book Day!

Hi Year 6T,

As you are aware today is ‘World Book Day’ and I would love to find out what you enjoy reading. This can be a short blog about the book; why it’s enjoyable; who are the main characters? What is the plot?…..ssshhh don’t give too much away!

My favourite book is: Die Trying by Lee Child. The book follows a Ex Militaty cop named Jack Reacher as he struggles to solve the mystery of a kidnapping. He finds himself chained in a dark van along with an unknown woman, racing across America; Reacher doesn’t know why they’ve been kidnapped. The woman claims to be FBI. She’s certainly tough enough. But at their remote destination, will raw courage be enough to overcome the hopeless odds.

Mr Thompson

22 thoughts on “World Book Day!

1. LW

My favourite book is Point Blanc that is the second book in the Alex Rider series and it is set at a school in the french alps’ my favourite parts were the action scenes and that it had mystery about the plot. My favourite character is Alex because he is always getting into trouble. Personally I think that Anthony Horowitz is the best author who has ever lived !!!

2. SN

My favourite book is Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy. The main character in this book is Stephanie Edgley who’s uncle died. She is then attacked by someone looking for something in her uncle’s house. She then gets attacked in the house and gets saved by a mysterious skeleton who introduces her to a whole new magical world. I like this book because it is adventurous and funny, it is also very action-packed. There is a series on it and I am currently on the 10th book which is the last one.

3. cl

My favourite book is The World of Norm because it sounds nice and the cover of the name is good and it has so much information in the book. I like it because it funny and exciting. I cant wait to finish it so I can read more of the series.

4. NK

My favourite book is: KID Normal by Greg James and Chris Smith , illustrated by Erica Salcedo . This book follows Murph Cooper as he is accidentally let into a school for SUPERHEROES eventhough he is a normal kid. This is my favourite book because it is very funny and interesting to read also it has a lot of action and my favourite ….. SUPERHEROES.
    By NK.

5. DC

My favorite book is Bad Dad, because it is really interesting with the story and the tension with everything happening so quick and even though the chapters can be short it still can make every part of the book enjoyable to read. The characters have nice names and strange personality’s so it makes the story a lot more descriptive and fun to read.

6. IM

My favourite book is; Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone. It’s about a boy called Harry who lives with his awful aunt and uncle, also with his cocky cousin Dudley. One night he finds out he is a wizard by a giant named Hagrid, and his life changed forever. With a friend called Ron, and a bookworm called Hermione against his arch enemy Draco. How will Harry’s first year of Hogwarts go???

By=IM

7. Maddy

My favourite book: Wave Me Goodbye By Jacqueline Wilson Illustrated By Nick Sharratt its all about preparing for the World War as blackout blinds are drawn and air-raid shelters hastily built ,ten year old Shirley is woken early and told to pack her things. She doesn’t where she is going ,or there. Shirley is evacuated to a quiet village that feels Worlds away from home. Hope you read this book and Enjoy it because i do!

MT

8. RK

My favourite book is Billionaire Boy by David Walliam: Its about a boy called Joe. He is the richest kid in the world! His mother and father split up when he was 8 years old.He has everything he wanted but a friend. He goes to a very posh school. He doesn’t have a single friend there. So he moves to a public school hoping to get a friend. He get in a fight with a new friend but his father get sued for selling bad toilet paper that makes your bum purple. He could use a friend to help him out. After everything that happen His Father marries his best friends mom.

9. OT

My favourite book is Stormbreaker. It is about a teenager named Alex Rider who is blackmailed into being a spy by the MI6. He does some training (climbing,hikes with weights and more) with them, which he finds hard. He then has to go to Sayle Enterprises to find out about the Stormbreakers because the MI6 have a suspicion about them.

10. CB

My favourite book is: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling. The book follows Harry Potter and his journey at Hogwarts. In this book, the mass-murderer and follower of Lord Voldemort, Sirius Black is on the run and they say he’s after Harry. Now he doesn’t know what will happen, will Voldemort suddenly turn up? If you like this book, be sure to read the whole Harry Potter series!

CB

11. kg

My favourite book is Demon Dentist by David Walliams its one of the national book award its about a evil dentist called Miss Root and a boy who hates to go to the dentist who is called Alfie.

12. RH

My favourite book is Wonder. The book is all about a little boy who has got a problem with his face, and his parents want him to start a school. This book really interests me because it really makes me start thinking about my actions and how other people feel when you are mean, stare and point.

13. AN

My favorite book is George’s Marvelous Medicine from Roald Dahl. I like it because it is funny story and make me want to read on. My favorite character is George because the things he does make me laugh .

AN

14. KW

To Mr Thompson,
    My favourite book is ‘Murder Most Unladylike’ by Robin Stevens. The main characters are Daisy and Hazel, two girls who live in a boarding school. They have their own secret ‘detective society’. When a teacher mysteriously dies in their school, they use clues to solve the mystery of the murder. I liked this book because I like reading books that have a mystery to solve. Also, at the time when this book was set, girls where thought as not very clever, and this book truly shows that girls can be just as clever as boys. To add to this, the girls also solved the mystery before the police.
    KW

15. BM

My favourite book is Storm breaker of the Alex Rider series written by Anthony Horowitz.

Like this book because I like how it describes every action that people do as well as the daring characters.

BM

16. AL

My favourite book is Demon Dentist by David Walliams that is the winner of the national book awards I like this book because it is a bit funny as it mentions a lot of made up words . This book is about a little boy named Alfie , who had rotten teeth and had to go to a dentist who was called Miss Root .

17. JL

My favourite book is Storm breaker in the Alex Rider series written by Anthony Horowitz. Like it because it has a lot of dramatic moments so that it makes you wants you to read on. It is about a teenage boy whos uncle dies and he get to go on a mission where he has to make a computer close down or all of the schools in England will blow up.

18. IS

Hi,

My favourite book is ‘Smile’, the book bases around a teenage girl called Raina, who tripped after girl scouts and her teeth got pushed up so she has to have a lot of dental surgeries, but she is already having the struggle of her siblings and class mates making fun of her.
    The book is written by Raina Telgemeier, who also made the sequel to ‘Smile’ which is ‘Sisters’.

Bye,
    IS

19. IT

My favourite book is Malory Towers by Enid Blyton . In this book Darell Rivers starts to attend a boarding school called Malory Towers and she makes lots of new friends also there is a mean girl there called Gwendine. Darell also has a temper and caused lots of problems. If you enjoy this My book there is lots more in the series.

20. LD

My favorite book is: Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets. It is about a boy who a year earlier had found out he is a wizard and his parents had been killed by a dark lord. It is his second year of Hogwats and a monster is lurking in the basement. by LD

21. RN

My favourite book so far :wonder we haven’t read it all yet but it is really good and I am enjoying it. It is about a boy called August who is normal on the inside but he has a disfigured face and he hasn’t been to school till now he got a tour of the school by a boy called Julian who is a bully a girl called Charlotte who is nice but she talks allot and a second boy called Jack Will who was nice but then later in the book he turned in to a jerk I love this book and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the book
    RN

22. FB

Hello
    One of my favourite books is I AM NUMBER FOUR ; the first book in The Lorien Legacies. It is about people who came from the planet Lorien after it was destroyed by the Mogadorians and only ten people survived. The planets Elders made it so they can only be killed in order and sent them on the year trip to Earth when they were babies. After Lorien the Mogadorians were going to destroy Earth and the Lorics were the only ones who could stop them. As they get older they develop powers called Legacies that can be anything.
    FB